COVID 19 UPDATE:
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic across Australia, we are using innovative ways to deliver medical care for our patients. We are encouraging all eligible patient’s to have consultations via Telehealth (video call) or by telephone and minimise face-to-face meetings to reduce their risk of virus transmission. This can be done at the safety and comfort of your home. Get in touch with us today and we'll use the most convenient consultation method for you.
- The Australian Government has instructed that any non-urgent endoscopic procedures be deferred until a later, safer time. This is to help conserve the limited supply of personal protective equipment needed for more urgent use
- However, emergencies and urgent cases will proceed as normal. If you experience any ‘red flag’ symptoms (such as rectal bleeding, vomiting blood, weight loss, trouble swallowing) or exacerbation of inflammatory bowel disease (Ulcerative Colitis/Crohn’s disease) please see your GP or contact us immediately
- Urgent suspected cancer patients are assessed on a case by case basis and only endoscoped where the clinical need is felt to be a priority
All patients require pre-procedure screening for COVID-19 exposure with the following questions be asked of all patients:
- Have you had flu like symptoms
- Have you had direct contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 infection or are you awaiting a COVID-19 test result that is not yet reported?
- Have you returned from overseas travel or a ship cruisein the last 14 days?